What Americans Get Wrong About Australia

by 7:30 AM 0 comments
He?s far from the only person I?ve been talking to as our bureau gets going, but our conversation and his follow-up email stuck with me.
In addition to my regular roundup of recent Times articles, and a recommendation from our own Jacqueline Williams, both found below, I figured I?d share some of that conversation.
Not many writers I know can craft coherence while running through (in order, in the first 1,000 words) BuzzFeed, Gutenberg, the Reformation, the Enlightenment, Kafka, Goethe and Shakespeare.
Suddenly grateful (never again will I feel a need to read ?The Recognitions?), I called Richard in Tasmania to discuss which pitfalls to watch out for as we expand our coverage of Australia and what to pursue with zeal.
When I read Richard Flanagan?s essay ?Does Writing Matter?? from October?s issue of The Monthly, I was blown away ? not just by the force of his argument, which I?d be a fool to try to sum up here because I?d only water it down, but also by the way he brought readers along.

Dramelin

Developer

Cras justo odio, dapibus ac facilisis in, egestas eget quam. Curabitur blandit tempus porttitor. Vivamus sagittis lacus vel augue laoreet rutrum faucibus dolor auctor.

0 comments:

Post a Comment